Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A window opens so I close the door...

So....Today is my last day at ForProfit Medical Transfer Company. Yesterday I accepted a per diem position at a local non-profit 911 service. The company does a fair amount of transfers out of the local hospitals...but they also do 911 in a pretty rural area, and the supervisor rotates everyone through the 911 shifts...which will be nice...becoming a paramedic never having done 911 was starting to make me nervous.

I start Tuesday...look forward to more clinical case studies of things I see in the field. Part of what spurred me to look for other work was that I wasn't seeing much of anything other than the steering wheel of a wheelchair transport truck in the last few months. Mostly due to the stubborn refusal of management to hire any EMTs for my station.

Onward...



No comments:

Post a Comment