Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Paramedic School

My name is Devin, and I am an Nationally Registered EMT Basic, working for a for-profit Ambulance company in a New England State.

A few years ago, in my attempt to forestall responsibility, I stumbled onto Emergency Medicine through Alpine Ski Patrolling.

In about a month, I will begin the 18 month journey of becoming a paramedic in New England. I will be attending an accredited Hospital Sponsored Paramedic Program . I decided that this would be the best course of action. I think that I will get a better education from a school that is specifically designed for Paramedic Education, and not some mixed bag of who knows what from a for-profit or community college. A long time ago, I took an EMT-B course from a community college, I never took the test, and the experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

When I started to look into becoming a Paramedic, I looked for other's experiences with various programs, and I thought that the experience would make a good blog, I named the works Surviving Paramedic School because when I get through the works, hopefully I will have some pointers for those that come after me.

Once things are over, I will continue to put entries about things I found, in a half-hearted attempt to keep the newly undead-zombie-blog-that-has-outlived-it-natural-life relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment