Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Paramedic Care: Principles and Practice

I just received my textbook, Paramedic Care: Principles and Practice.

Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice Vols 1-5 PKG

My opinion having read the first few chapters is that the Bryan E. Bledsoe's entire approach to Emergency Medicine is different from what I have learned so far, which is good, being that Paramedics should definitely be approaching things at a higher level. Really though, Paramedics should be treating patients at a much lower level, like a pathophysiological-leukocyte-sodium potassium pump-phospholipid bilayer level(I've made it through the first few chapters).

I've noticed that the author has the tendency to mention terms and processes that haven't been explained yet. It often gives me pause, because when I'm trying to learn, I'm not one to glaze over terms that I don't understand, I think its important to have a solid base of understanding, or else everything else that gets built up eventually starts to crumble under the weak foundation.

But if kept reading...
  • instead of trying to figure out what a term means
  • instead of getting frustrated with the author
  • instead of trying to think of good analogies about buildings and foundations
I would see the book mentioned that the term in question will be defined later in the chapter.

I have seen Paramedic textbooks the size of a few phone books strapped together. I'm glad this one comes in 5 volumes.

I guess I will say more when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment