Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I learned about Hospital Clinicals (Part I...A)

I totally forgot about the main thing I really wanted to touch on...

Schedule all of your clinical time early

My program doesn't allow students to begin ride time before hospital clinicals are completely finished. I am way behind where I wanted to be, mostly because it took more time than I was expecting to talk to the people I needed to and schedule time in the departments that I needed too as well.

I just assumed it was going to be as smooth for me to schedule time in the Cath Lab, L and D, ICU, and Pysch as it was for me to schedule time in the ED.

I was very wrong. It sometimes took me weeks to get in touch with those I needed to speak with, so ultimately I had weeks that were lost. Had I begun to schedule my time back in July, then I'm sure things would've been sorted out early. But it took me a 6 weeks to finally get into the ICU, and I ended up having to schedule my L and D time at another hospital.

Plan ahead....like...way ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment