Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day Three - ethice and glauco area

Ethics vs. Morals and CYA...er...legal liability is what we covered on the third day.

My effort to become more comfortable with medical terminology has also paid off because some of that was covered as well. My previous fluency in Spanish helps with the latin roots of stuff, sometimes...

We received our pharmacology manual, time to get started with the flash cards. Its exciting because the course is starting to ramp up.

Luckily I have had plenty of training on liability and legal issues jammed down my throat from Ski Patrol. I think the most important thing to remember is to do weigh the consequences of your actions before you do them, and try to imagine defending your actions in a court of law. But in the end, there is a lot of gray area, and you can't go wrong contacting medical control and documenting your actions well, I guess.

Part of the liability of a paramedic stems from being the highest level of provider typically on a scene, so not only are you liable for your own actions, but a paramedic can also be held liable for those who are working underneath him. So far, that leadership aspect has been mentioned but only in passing, maybe it will be covered more later on.

A few more quizzes came through, I updated my average.

Study habits have been mentioned as well, I guess I mentioned the importance of that some already.

No comments:

Post a Comment